Greet your audience, introduce yourself and engage the audience
Ranging from more to less formal, here is some language you can use at the beginning of your presentation:
1) Welcome/greet the audience and introduce yourself
– Hello everyone, thank you for attending this presentation.
– Hello, It’s very nice to see you all today.
– Thanks for coming/joining me everyone.
– My name is XXX and I’m the XXX of XXX
– I’m XXX and I work for XXX in XXX…
2) Engage the audience
– Before I begin my presentation I’d like you to think about this
– I’m sure you’re all ready to learn something new today and I hope
that this presentation will provide that opportunity
– I hope you’ve all had some coffee or tea and can stay alert for this
presentation – I have some interesting information to share!
Don’t forget, whichever context you are presenting in – online or in a real life face-to-face situation – you need to engage with your audience. As well as speaking you can use non-verbal communication too, such as smiling, using hand gestures and looking at your audience.